Berry Makes Cents

Follow my journey as I pay off my student loan by making money online

Finally Set up my ING Direct subaccounts

I currently have four saving accounts and they are all with ING Direct. I have EF fund, Hawaii vacation fund, House down payment fund and Christmas Fund. Creating subaccounts with ING was very simple. There are so many pf bloggers out there have already explained how to open subaccounts step by step so I am not going to repeat them.


• Get Rich Slowly mapped out very well. In fact I followed her 3 steps “How to open multiple accounts at ING direct”

• I’ve paid this twice explained it with her style “Creating Subaccounts in ING Direct Savings Accounts”

• Have you ever used ehow.com? I found their steps easiest to follow. “How to open sub-accounts at ING Direct”

I will probably never keep a lot of cash in my savings since the return is not good at all. My goals for my subaccounts are:

EF: $1,000 just to keep it simple anything over $1,000 will go into investing accounts

Hawaii Vacation: $3,000 Once I go to Hawaii, the name will change but regardless I will always have a vacation fund.

House Down payment: $60,000 I will probably move this money around everytime it reaches $5,000. I’d like to have $60,000 saved in 5 years

Christmas Fund: $500 need any explanation?


Sell Used Books Online - Quick Cash, Free Shipping, Free Quotes!

2 comments:

Shtinkykat said...

Thanks for visiting my blog BerryGirl. Congratulations on starting your own blog. And a bigger congratulations on opening up your ING account with very well thought-out subaccounts. (I'm jealous you'll be going to Hawaii.) I've linked your blog onto mine as well.

Berry Makes Cents said...

Welcome Shtinkykat! you are the very first one commented on my blog yay. Thanks for the link btw.

Post a Comment

Student Loan

Starting Balance'08: $30,970
Current 9/5/09:
Student loan #1: $7,995 interest:8.2%
Student loan #2: $4,500 interest: 1%
Student loan #3: $9,500 interest 3.9%
Total: $21,995

NetworthIQ

Subscribe to Berry

Articles via email

Delivered by FeedBurner